Refuse and Recycling Collection
Refuse Collection Schedule
The collection schedule for Village of Fairport residential and commercial refuse.
Refuse Collection Rules and Regulations
A complete listing of the rules and regulations for Village of Fairport Refuse Collection
Village of Fairport Refuse Items
A master list of items and how they are disposed
Residential recycling is provided to Village residents by Waste Management via a contract with Waste Management, the Town of Perinton and the Village of Fairport. Residential recycling service inquires should be directed to Waste Management Recycle at 585-254-3500
Items collected include recyclables #1 through #7 (which are plastics), paper, metal cans (with or without lids), glass bottles and jars, drink boxes, gable-top cartons, empty aerosol cans (no paints or pesticides), clean pizza boxes, paper boxes with the plastic liner removed(i.e. cracker, pasta, tissue, and cereal boxes), all books (including phone books), gift wrap, envelopes, and cardboard cut into 2' by 4' lengths and taped or tied in bundles. Plastic grocery bags are not accepted. Please remember to tear or shred any papers with identifying information, including financial statements or bills. Shredded paper must be in clear plastic bags only.
For additional residential recycling information:
- Village of Fairport Holiday Refuse Collection Schedule
- View the latest Monroe County Recycling Flyer
- Visit www.monroecounty.gov/recycling
- Visit the Monroe County Eco Park at www.ecoparkmcny.com
- Call Recycle America at 585-254-2016
- Call the Department of Public Works at 585-223-9500
- Residential Recycling FAQ’s
- Blue bins are available at the Fairport Public Works building located at 22 Water Street. Please call 585-421-3119 for additional information on picking up a recycling bin.
Household Hazardous Waste Collection
Electronic Waste Collection